A single-window cell, comprising of representatives of various Government Departments is functioning at WBIDC's office to expedite clearances from the different departments.
To ensure expeditious disposal of applications by six concerned departments, a task force has also been formed by the Government.
Senior Officers have been nominated as Relationship Managers for facilitation of major projects.
Project Facilitation Committee:
Committee at the project level for day-to-day hand holding.
Unique Industry-Government interface:
Sector Committees formed, with a mix of senior bureaucracy and business leaders, to deliberate on sector challenges, recommend policy initiatives and suggest streamlining of processes
Steering Committee, comprising heads of Government Departments as well as business leaders, headed by the Industry and Finance Minister
Core Committee formed with Department heads and business leaders, headed by the Chief Minister
Bengal Global Summit 2017
Milan Mela, Kolkata
- Majority of Industries which recalled the event believe the key expectations to bring more investment in future and government showing proactiveness to attract investment were met through the summit
- Strong pre-awareness of Bengal Global Business Summit largely due to industry associations. Post Recall is driven by Print/Digital Media, Social media and WOM
- Industries claim that the summit lived up to their expectation in terms of benefits of understanding potential sectors for investments and Interacting with other decision makers
- Post summit Industries see significant potential in It Software & hardware and Hospitality, tourism and entertainment sector
- Industries are in favour of conducting such event in future more frequently however majority believe that the event should be organised outside West Bengal