Bengal Global Summit 2015
The Bengal Global Business Summit 2015 was organised on January 7-8, 2015 in Kolkata to create a blueprint that will explore new possibilities of creating a resurgent Bengal. The Inaugural ceremony and the plenary session of the Summit were held on January 7, 2015. Hon'ble Chief Minister of West Bengal Mamata Banerjee inaugurated the Summit and presided over the plenary sessions. Mr. Arun Jaitley, Hon'ble Union Minister of Finance, Corporate Affairs, Information & Broadcasting was the Chief Guest. Mr. Nitin Gadkari, Hon'ble Union Minister for Road Transport, Highway & Shipping was the Guest of Honour. Dr. Amit Mitra, Hon'ble Minister- in-Charge, Industry &Finance, Government of West Bengal delivered the theme address. The Summit received participation from 20 countries including UK, Japan, USA, Singapore, Australia, China, Malaysia, Taiwan, Israel, Spain, Belarus, Czech Republic, Korea, Luxembourg and neighbouring countries Bangladesh, Nepal & Bhutan. Captains of Indian Industry and global entrepreneurs who were present at the plenary session were invited to share their experiences and their future business plan in the state. Rs 2,43,100 crore worth of business announcements, business document exchanges, expressions of interest and investment proposals were received from varied sectors during Bengal Global Business Summit 2015.
We have a large presence in Bengal and the total investments in the State are about 20,000 crores. We have been in this State for a number of years and we continue to invest in this State.
It was a landmark event. I was pleasantly surprised at the scale of the investment proposed and the enthusiasm shown by potential investors. I feel optimistic that Bengal will play part in the resurgence of Indian economy .
I am confident that the Bengal Global Business Summit will presage a new era of entrepreneurship and development in West Bengal. The overall spirit is positive and I am optimistic.
What I greatly appreciate about the West Bengal Government and its Chief Minister is its global vision. I am confident that West Bengal will steadily march forward to the industrial space and become a model in all-round growth and development.
I would rate the summit as a very successful event. This time we build `Brand West Bengal'
The profile of Bengal has changed in the country. Now everybody will be positive about Bengal.
The summit was very well-organized and saw a very good turnout. It was interesting to see many industrialists and investors from all over India and the world here. This is my first time in Kolkata and I was pleasantly surprised by the developments in Bengal. I shall make my govt and businessmen in my country aware of the investment possibilities in Bengal .
West Bengal is taking firm steps towards consolidating its position as a potential tourist destination of India. Our state has unparalleled tourism products that are unique in terms of its beauty, rich culture and history.
Mamata Banerjee supported by her extremely able team has brought a transformational change in the state which is attracting investors like never before.
Bengal Global Business Summit 2015 was a milestone event which gathered a very positive response from the investors and we are looking forward to the next Summit to carry this momentum forward.
The Bengal Global Business Summit has evolved as an annual flagship event for the State Government for showcasing Bengal's potential and inviting investment proposals. Apart from highlighting all the achievements, the State Government should also utilize this platform to initiate a regular dialogue with the business community in order to improve the 'ease of doing business' in the state so that a cadre of empowered entrepreneurs can be groomed for the future which can guarantee job-creation.
Bengal Global Summit 2017
Milan Mela, Kolkata
- Rs 2,43,100 crore worth of business announcements, business document exchanges, expressions of interest and investment proposals received from varied sectors during Bengal Global Business Summit 2015.
- Mr. Arun Jaitley, Hon'ble Union Minister of Finance, Corporate Affairs, Information & Broadcasting was the Chief Guest. Mr. Nitin Gadkari, Hon'ble Union Minister for Road Transport, Highway & Shipping was the Guest of Honour.
- Participation from 20 countries including UK, Japan, USA, Singapore, Australia, China, Malaysia, Taiwan, Israel, Spain, Belarus, Czech Republic, Korea, Luxembourg and neighbouring countries Bangladesh, Nepal & Bhutan.
- Major announcements/ investment proposals/ MoUs/ EOIs - SAIL, NTPC, Super Smelter, Essel Group, H-Energy, GEECL, ShriRam Group, Amul Dairy, Apollo Hospitals, AMRI Hospitals, AMITY University, Ambuja Neotia Group, BAPL – Schomi
- Private sector investments in 22 townships
- Announcements for Bhor Sagar Deep Sea Port & Haldia Expansion, development of Deochapachami Coal mines and highway development