HIGHLIGHTS OF BENGAL GLOBAL BUSINESS SUMMIT 2016
- Rs. 2,50,253.74 crore worth of business announcements, business document exchanges, expressions of interest and investment proposals received from varied sectors such as Manufacturing, Infrastructure & Mining, Urban Development, Power & Renewable Energy, IT, ITES & Telecom, Transport, Tourism, Food Processing & Fisheries, Technical Education & Training and Small & Medium Industries during Bengal Global Business Summit 2016.
- Hon'ble Ministers from abroad, HE Mr Tshering Tobgay, Hon'ble Prime Minister of Bhutan, Mr. Tofail Ahmed, Minister of Commerce, Bangladesh and Rt Hon Ms Priti Patel, Minister of State for Employment, United Kingdom addressed the Summit.
- Hon'ble Ministers from India, Shri Arun Jaitley, Hon'ble Union Minister of Finance, Corporate Affairs, Information & Broadcasting, Shri Nitin Jairam Gadkari, Hon'ble Union Minister for Road Transport, Highways & Shipping, Shri Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu, Hon'ble Union Minister of Railways, Shri Arvind Kejriwal, Hon'ble Chief Minister of Delhi and Shri Piyush Goyal, Hon'ble Minister of State with Independent Charge for Power, Coal and New & Renewable Energy addressed the Summit.
- Participation from 26 countries including USA, UK, Italy, Spain, Germany, Japan, China, Korea, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Canada, Netherlands, Malaysia, UAE, Singapore, Belgium, Thailand, Bulgaria, Romania, Chile, Czech Republic, Mexico, Finland, Tunisia, Argentina.
- Major announcements/ investment proposals/ MoUs/ EOIs – TCG Refinery, Jindal Group, H-Energy, Essel Group, Zhongtong Bus Holding, Great Eastern Energy, Kawasaki Rikuso, BAPL, Ambuja Neotia, ITC, Airtel, Titagarh Towers, etc.
- Export Strategy Paper for West Bengal prepared by EXIM Bank, New Township Policy, Design Policy 2016, Start-Up Policy 2016-2021 released by Hon'ble Chief Minister of West Bengal